(keitai-l) Re: KDDI, BREW and CP

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 07/04/03
On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, Mathieu Castelli wrote:

> I was wondering how much the more and more likely "BREW only"
> direction would affect CP.

Is this a terribly likely direction? Out of the seven 5000 series phones
that KDDI has out right now, only two are BREW; the rest have Java. No
other providers in Japan at all support BREW, to my knowledge.

BREW has its good points, in that you can make applications that are
much faster, slicker, and use more of the phones capabilities than Java.
But as technology marches forward, this advantage can only errode, not
be maintained or increase. And BREW has its bad points, too, such as
limited deployment and rather more expensive development.

cjs