(keitai-l) Re: J-PHONE's J-SKY Service to Rebrand as Vodafone live!

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 07/15/03
> For how long has J-Phone had dual branding? Europolitan changed to
> Vodafone in Sweden a couple of years ago. Thanks to the one year long
> dual branding and a massive launch campaign the Vodafone brand awareness
> shot up like a rocket over here.

They do this also since about a year here, but still the average
user don't really gets it. I am sure it works because Japanese people
adopt new names pretty fast (Noopies, anyone?) but still it's
confusing for a while.

The other day I made a cute little experiment...I went with a J-Phone
friend next to a J-Phone shop and they had a poster of a brandnew
European phone in their window...the catch? It was black and white
(the phone, that is). So I pointed to it and told my friend: "Look,
this is a new J-Phone!". She looked at me and said something like:
"No, can not be...it's black and white! It must be an old poster!".

I convinced her to go inside and ask...she was a bit shocked to find
out that I was right ;)

Juergen

--
Juergen Specht, CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc., Tokyo, Japan
i-mode & FOMA consulting, development, testing:  http://nooper.co.jp