(keitai-l) Re: iAppli IMAP proxying service?

From: Paul Bryan Lester <paul_at_thetamusic.com>
Date: 07/08/03

> It's not quite as simple as that, because if his new address gets
> bought, forwarded to the wrong address or he disclosed it somehow else,
> he also could get Spam. Spammers are not that stupid and always on the
> cutting edge, so if I would rely on your information above I could get
> a wrong sense of security and would curse you one day.

    As for me I wish Spammers were not on the leading edge of
technology but the so called "bleeding edge" of technology.

    In other words, I would like technology to bite them back so
they stop spamming. I used to not mind spam like I don't mind
physical junk mail.... but recently even my simple techniques for
stopping the mass spammers are not working, and thus I have to use
very complex ones.

    And when they get tired of the getting bled from the technology they
should be jailed and get terms as long as drug dealers and murderers.
Their spam wastes a lot of peoples time, and the less technical the
email recipient is the more of their time it wastes.

    An occasional one time spam I don't mind but when one spammer
sends you tons of mail periodically with the same contents to the
same email its quite annoying, even after you unsubscribe from
their so-called system!  That is the worst part of the spammers
I have been receiving from in the past 6 months.  The unsubscribe
links used to actually work before 6 months ago.

    In the mean time, I use techniques much like those all of you
are discussing and they work fairly well.  Its good to know others
are using them also.

--
Paul B. Lester

EMAIL: paul@thetamusic.com