(keitai-l) Re: iAppli IMAP proxying service?

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 07/08/03

Gerhard which collects spare Keitai wrote:
> We always have a number of spare keitais for experimentation and
> tests in our company and we did some spam testing for one of our
> customer projects.
> The results are reproducible.

No entry found for reproducible:
http://thesaurus.reference.com/search?q=reproducible

> ellis@docomo.ne.jp -> spam every few minutes
> jon_ellis_sun.no.1.spam.expert@docomo.ne.jp
>                     -> no spam
> it's as simple as that.

It's not quite as simple as that, because if his new address gets
bought, forwarded to the wrong address or he disclosed it somehow else,
he also could get Spam. Spammers are not that stupid and always on the
cutting edge, so if I would rely on your information above I could get
a wrong sense of security and would curse you one day.

Any information or rules how to avoid mobile Spam have a very short
TTL, so be careful what you try to say.

And yes, I know what I am talking about, I was the first time involved
in creating a highly effective server side Spam filter in 1997 and
tested it with millions of Spam mails.

Today I agree with Curt that the Bayesian method is the most
effective, but about 3 weeks ago I saw the first very interesting
attempts of flooding Bayesian filters with a 90% to 10% ratio of
harmless words like "family, child, kindergarten, etc" and I am curious
how this battle will end (if it will ever end). Anyway, the problem
should be solved by law and not by technology.

And there is a law in Japan against spamming.

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht, CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc., Tokyo, Japan
i-mode & FOMA consulting, development, testing:  http://nooper.co.jp