(keitai-l) Re: iAppli IMAP proxying service?

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 07/08/03
> But this would be a big project, and require lots of customization
> of mail servers and so on, so I don't find it particularly likely to
> happen. Given that, and that there's nothing you can do once your e-mail
> address has been "discovered" by spammers, I think your only real hope is
> to do your spam filtering somewhere where you can react a lot of faster
> than Docomo can.

Since you have to exchange hardware (Keitai in this case) for adding
another button to the front end, this will not happen.

> The unfortunate side effect of this, of course, is that some content
> providers make it difficult or impossible to use a non-docomo address
> when you want to use their services. (Not mentioning any names here!)

Somehow I have the feeling you talk about Nooper! :)

> I find this particularly odd because these providers end up hurting
> themselves when their mail stops going through because they're not using
> my correct, guaranteed-to-be-working e-mail address.

That's a bit out of proportion, because:

* Not everybody is such a geek as you are and has such an
  unusual set-up.
* You are a foreigner and not our natural target group.
* Your email solution is maybe safe, but not convenient.
* The "average" user is not in sync with all his/her emails
  and see's this as disposable information (send & forget
  and receive, read & forget), again, convenience comes into play.

And:

* Nooper is a free service, so we don't really hurt ourselves
  if we could not deliver, we would save some money.

* Nooper integrates a full email tracking system which works
  100% automatic and we have near zero maintenance.

* Since the user ID is independent from the email address used
  and you always had the ability to add a second, non-Keitai
  address it was also never really a problem to get even your
  set-up to work. You just missed to read the manual ;)

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht, CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc., Tokyo, Japan
i-mode & FOMA consulting, development, testing:  http://nooper.co.jp