(keitai-l) Re: KDDI, BREW and CP

From: Mathieu Castelli <mathieu_at_newtgames.com>
Date: 07/04/03
> I have little knowlege of BREW but you mail started to worry me as a small
> CP.
Let's unite :)

> Is Kddi's take higher with BREW, is that their motivation for not having a
> jvm on top of brew?

I can't say for sure, but it seems that the model won't follow the US one. For
a starter, most probably no fee to receive the QUALCOMM stamp (the BREW app
review by Q. people).

And I have heard nothing of a different pricing from various meeting with KDDI
people. So I'm not too worried about that. It's more the added dev cost !

> Any one use J2BRIDGE that lets Java developers run and test J2ME
> applications on BREW enabled platforms. It makes the generation of MOD and
> MIF files seamless to Java developers and allows them to use the BREW
> Emulator and AppLoader to run and download Java applications to BREW
> devices????
No, but we will look into that. Thanks for the pointer.

Let's unite ! :|

Mathieu