(keitai-l) Re: i-mode vs net

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 07/18/00
Dave wrote:

> > Thought this was MML. Ren's already made a detailed table though:
> > http://renfield.net/matrix.html - definitely one to Bookmark.
>
> Hey Ren - good site!
> But the bottom line here is that things should be getting simpler. The graph
> on Ren's site should be trimmed down to only three players - I-Mode, J-Sky
> and Au. Just as Marx predicted, each shake up in the marketplace creates
> fewer companies of larger size.

I disagree. I'd love to see 100 operators all competing. The catch is they must
have complimentary technologies. Imagine if you could buy any phone you wanted
and use it with any operator. Operators would have to differentiate themselves
on service and price and contents. Things would be much more interesting than
three giants battling for market share.

r e n

--
ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s
-- Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature