(keitai-l) Re: Java in mobiles

From: Stuart MacDonald <stuart_at_craft.titech.ac.jp>
Date: 07/17/00
Noorisan,

Thanks for the information. I would be interested in reading more on this.
If you have an online source can you please let me know. If the information
is in Japanese I will translate some more detail (if there is much more
detail.) and post it.

One more thing, has anyone seen any benchmark testing between the oracle
transcoding product and the one which is included in ibm's websphere. Both
are expensive, but I expect the ibm tech is a little more developed though.?
I am a little concerned about the transforming speed.

I would be interested in seeing if there is a spec list for stylesheet
purposes for each of the phones, if so can anyone point me in the right
direction. Again if I find out some of this myself I will get round to
posting it for everyone else. Even better if there is an open list of
stylesheets with a DTD to generate the cHTML and WAP from some common
elements you would expect in the cHTML. All I am concerned with is the
formatting to each of the format specs of each of the phones.

Still haven't done my homework for some of this. Just looking for some
resources.
Thanks

Stuart.

"Subtle mind control? Why do all these HTML buttons say 'Submit' ?"