(keitai-l) Re: OT?: Keitai camera image transfer (MMS/mail) throughput analysis?

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 07/14/03
Dirk, like someone else before you, you cut out the rest of
my message, and in your answer essentially say what I said
in the rest of the message, i.e. that practically it takes
a lot longer, depending on overheads, network congestion,
how good your position with respect to base stations is etc.

In my experience (I have not made systematic studies, but
have sent many pictures and movies over DoCoMo, J-Phone and
AU networks) typical times are a lot longer than the
nominal network rates, on the order of up to a minute.

Gerhard