(keitai-l) Re: Common web sites on J-Sky Internet

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 07/09/03
> No need to be a smart-a**e

I failed the membership test, unfortunately:

http://smartasses.org/join.html

> I know about those redirection to /i etc things, when a small version
> of the page exists. I'm not talking about google specifically, it was
> just an example. The error seems to come up with any site. On imode I
> just got the text without styles and all, and eventually a "page size
> exceeded" error.

Any site? If I remember right, you are a Nooper user, or not?
Can you access Nooper? It's outside the official network.

Or do you specify "any" as in "any site you can not access" excluding
the ones you can access? It's hard to not sound like a smart-ass if
you are not very specific in your question.

If you suspect that there is a size limit, why not upload a simple
test page to your server and access it with your Keitai. Than you
just add some more words to it, access it again and check if there
is a threshold of maybe "bigger than 5kb" which you can not access.
Just a tip.

> Intuitively I would say that the J-Phone internet
> gateway/proxy/whatever does not facilitate access to conventional
> pages. Maybe they want to frustrate me to use their walled garden stuff
> only.

That's how they make (more) money, of course. But normally it's
possible to access at least some pages.

But J-Phone limits the available bandwidth to the outside world,
if you *sometimes* can access pages and sometimes not, you are maybe
a victim of bandwidth limitations. Try again later.

Just trying to help.

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht, CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc., Tokyo, Japan
i-mode & FOMA consulting, development, testing:  http://nooper.co.jp