(keitai-l) Re: Proxying E-mail (was: iAppli IMAP proxying service?)

From: Joseph Luk <joe_at_josephluk.com>
Date: 07/08/03
> Why do you choose --at--? Thats 6 bytes already?

What's a better string to use?

> There is no way to get the emoji out of DoCoMo's network, they
> are simply not there if you receive the email at your server.

That's a really useful piece of information.  Hopefully DoCoMo will
change that someday...

> For Nooper's groupmail (private keitai mailing list) feature we
> use a workaround: http://nooper.com/web/?show=using-gm&l=jp

Nice solution, especially if people can program that into their keitai
macros.

> Hm, in my experience the subject lines are almost never used
> for mobile email. So after a while it looks like:
>
> Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:

Funny, I have a mailbox full of received E-mails with useful subject
lines.  Maybe we correspond with different groups of people?

> Thanks for sharing, but I still think that it makes mobile email
> more inconvenient than the built in version.

I wanted to get the features of archived mail, address independence,
and spam control, and it's achieved it.  Maybe others might find it
useful too.

Cheers,
Joe