(keitai-l) Re: Proxying E-mail (was: iAppli IMAP proxying service?)

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 07/08/03
> The major problem is with long E-mail addresses that don't stand up to
> having --at-- @yourdomain" tacked on within the length limit.  I need
> to recode some of that script to take abbrevations for common
> senderdomains.

Yes, this will always be a problem. And the mobile addresses always
gets longer...

Why do you choose --at--? Thats 6 bytes already?

> The other problem is that, at least on my mail server, emoji gets
> munged into a garbage character.  I tried asking this list about it,
> but was told "Enfour knows, but they're not going to tell you unless
> you pay up.  People have to eat too."  Yeah, but I'm just an individual
> and I'm not looking to profit from this...

There is no way to get the emoji out of DoCoMo's network, they
are simply not there if you receive the email at your server.

For Nooper's groupmail (private keitai mailing list) feature we
use a workaround: http://nooper.com/web/?show=using-gm&l=jp

> My script is different from Curt's in that it lets you use subject
> lines, which I find quite useful.  But if you don't have Procmail
> installed obviously Curt's solution is more useful to you.

Hm, in my experience the subject lines are almost never used
for mobile email. So after a while it looks like:

Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:

> OK without further ado, here's the code!  Have fun people!

Thanks for sharing, but I still think that it makes mobile email
more inconvenient than the built in version.

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht, CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc., Tokyo, Japan
i-mode & FOMA consulting, development, testing:  http://nooper.co.jp