(keitai-l) Re: Digital Shoplifting

From: Mika Tuupola <tuupola_at_appelsiini.net>
Date: 07/04/03
On Sat, 5 Jul 2003, Gerhard Fasol wrote:

> I think some of this is also a lack of understanding of copyright
> and intellectual property rights.
> For both there is the concept of "fair use" for good reason.

	But then again it does not come in a surprise if you
	think about how hysterically lawyers and corporate executives
	act with words "intellectual property", "copying" and
	"peer to peer". Just think about how RIAA and MPAA are
	acting. Think about DMCA (although it is in US only).

> improve your manners" - they went to court and closed Napster
> and "stopped the crime" - that's not what the newspapers are doing!

	Excactly :)

--
Mika Tuupola                      http://www.appelsiini.net/~tuupola/