(keitai-l) i-mode security issues

From: <NYoung_at_jup.com>
Date: 07/20/00
Am going into an area here that I"m a bit fuzzy on, so please excuse any
technical mistakes..

I've been told that i-mode is less secure than wap because there is no "over
the air" security protocol..(I know the wap gateway has other security
problems)

1. How does DoCoMo make secure money transfers between bank accounts or the
inputting of credit card information? How did they convince banks that this
was a secure process?-Is it? And if it is, how does it work?

2. Does Access's current browser for the DoCoMo phones have ssl? (I think
no)

I know that they've announced a microbrowser with 128bit ssl for the next
generation of phones..With this, they avoid the whole security issue with
access's end to end payment solution but..

where does the processing power come in to handle both the above and java?

Nina