(keitai-l) Re: DoCoMo's advertising model..

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 07/18/00
There are many more options:

Text ads embedded in mail magazines are the most popular. Businesses pay to have
ads in mail magazine. Alternatively, mailmag could take cut from sales generated
via clickthrough from mailmag ad.

Coupons/discounts/sales announcements can be sent to phone via message free,
request message, or email. User takes handset to point of sale to redeem
coupon/discount (example: show image on phone screen to store employee to
receive 5% off, only valid for date shown in image.)

Users could pay to have ads sent to them/accessible -- reasonable if user can
derive more benefit from ads (discounts, special deals) than cost of access to

And on and on...

r e n

--
ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s
-- Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature