(keitai-l) DoCoMo's advertising model..

From: <NYoung_at_jup.com>
Date: 07/18/00
Has there been any discussion or buzz about NTTDoCoMo's new ad model?

my understanding is that content ventures have 3 options:

1. they can send e-mails to the menu category called "message free". (Here,
users opt in for the service and the burden of packet charge is on the
venture)

2. Ventures can notify subscribers of special gift offers and discount
campaigns in the newly created category called "Campaign Information Corner"

3. Ventures can send banner ads to the FYI/Osirase menu category.

In the latter two options, the burden of packet charge is on the
subscriber..

Now- my question is,where and how does the content venture garner revenue-
with the banner ads-what is the split with DoCoMo?

To my knowledge, only Mobile Click was offering 2 line text based ads for
the mobile platform-have they moved onto banner ads yet?

Nina