(keitai-l) Re: Java in mobiles

From: Matt Kelly <matt_at_netucate-online.co.uk>
Date: 07/17/00
Its a "Mini" Java Virtual Machine, which is called KVM.  Its a standard for
the deployment of Java for embedded devices.  So household appliances and
other day to day products are able to understand instructions written in
Java.

In answer to your question, I am not sure if the phone will have enough
storage capacity to download "Full-blown" Java applications, but in will
certainly be able to carry out instructions given to it in the Java
language.

Matt