(keitai-l) Re: Yeah, it sucks

From: Heimo Laukkanen <heimo.laukkanen_at_pp.inet.fi>
Date: 07/15/00
calvin lash wrote:

> It's just the multiple development issue of making an iMode page and
> then a WAP one is a drag on the spirit. I started before 7pm and now at
> 6:50pm I still looking a stack of unresolved issues of deploying content
> on multiple browsers and protocols. It is like Bart Simpson
> <http://bl.net/forwards/simpsons.shtml>  always having to write
> something 500 times on a blackboard:
>         "This punishment is not boring and pointless."

In this point I praise my previous employer for giving me the knowledge
of SGML, XML and storing data.

How Christ's sake, it is no news to publish from one source to multiple
templates in different medias. If you want to it by hand, go on and hack
yourself dead - if you want to do it like pro, get yourself a good plan
of a content storage, get some highpower tools and let the hacking
begin. Of course it is much more work at the beginning, creating the
framework - but after you have achieved that, you can basicly serve your
content in any possible form you want.

http://www.xml.com - should be a good place to start?

-huima