(keitai-l) Re: i-mode vs net

From: <jason.c.freedman_at_ac.com>
Date: 07/14/00
yes on all accounts.  Although Java will be supported in the near future on
new iMode phones (sounds like you'd be crazy to use Java now when people
would need to upgrade hardware to support this feature (at a few hundred
dollars a pop)).  Actually I think that this is a big issue with cell
phones.  Unlike upgrades to browsers where MS or Netscape can just support
a new feature by downloading a new browser, with these phones you need to
upgrade hardware.

Changes the whole cost model for upgrades.

Jason

keitai-l-bounce@appelsiini.net
07/14/2000 01:29 PM CET
Please respond to keitai-l@appelsiini.net