(keitai-l) two interesting articles about i-mode

From: Andrea Hoffmann <ah_at_anima.de>
Date: 07/12/00
Hi,

here are two interesting articles about i-mode which
I thought might be worth sharing with the keitai list:

1. The NTT DoCoMo success story (March 2000)

A look at Japan's leading ISP, NTT DoCoMo, its unique
business model and where it's heading in the future.

source:
http://www.americasnetwork.com/issues/2000issues/20000301/20000301_thentt.htm

2. Companies That Get the Web: NTT DoCoMo (July 11, 2000)

Japan's largest cellular-phone carrier has a monster hit on
its hands with its I-mode phones. Its secret? It didn't try
to be a gatekeeper.

source:
http://www.ecompany.com/articles/mag/next/1,1641,6864|6914,00.html

Both articles point out the often neglected fact that i-mode
is not a threat to wap because of its often said but actually
not existing "superior technical infrastructure and concept" but
because of the business model and the general underlying
strategy of DoCoMo...

one striking quote from the first of the two articles:

"One great wireless data myth has been trashed - the secret
is that you don't need much bandwidth."

... which is true when you look at i-mode which is slower
than wap/cdmaone.

CU,
Andrea
--