(keitai-l) Re: SMS vs email?

From: Brian <for_brian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 07/30/03
Having left my Japanese AU phone back in Japan, and
now stuck with a phone that cost me almost as much and
provides half the value, I can sum it up for you.

Email rocks
SMS sucks

I really liked to be able to email my friend's phones
from my computer or my phone and have them do the
same.  You can send email to SMS, but its requires you
to jump through some hoops.  So probably few people
do.  The easiest way to communicate to SMS user with
computer, for me, is ICQ... except for the fact that
ICQ never seems to work right for me lately... its
probably all Microsofts fault.  Some newer / more
expensive GSM phones have email I think, but I'm not
sure if it is integrated into the phone as nicely as
in Japan.