(keitai-l) Re: Phone Suggestion for US Developer

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 07/19/03
On Sat, 19 Jul 2003, Gerhard Fasol wrote:

> rice cookers, bicycle air pumps etc can all be keitai-cookers
> and keitai-pumps...

Hmm...I'm not sure about a keitai-denkigama (hand-held electric rice
cooker)...

However, yes, people usually mean "keitai denwa" when they say keitai;
it caused me much confusion when I first saw a "keitai haizara"
(handheld ashtray--a portable one you can carry around so you don't have
to throw your cigarette butts on the ground) and I was trying to figure
out what sort of cellular phone accessory this might be.....

But I must admit, I distinguish between a "keitai" and a "cellphone."
If someone says "keitai," I expect a lot of things I wouldn't expect
from a cellphone, such as a colour screen, web and e-mail access, basic
features like that.

cjs