(keitai-l) Re: J-PHONE's J-SKY Service to Rebrand as Vodafone live!

From: <w-ando_at_cb.jp.nec.com>
Date: 07/15/03
Dear all,

I don't know wether most of J-PHONE users recognize
that J-PHONE will turn into Vodafone.  but...
I think there is another problem related to the changes
from the current "jp-X.ne.jp" domain to "X.vodafone.ne.jp".

>In conjunction with the service name change, from mid-November current
>J-SKY e-mail address domains (the section following the "@" mark) will be
>changed from the current "jp-X.ne.jp" domain to "X.vodafone.ne.jp"*. As a
>measure to prevent the proliferation of spam mail, e-mail addresses using
>telephone numbers (<11 digit phone number>@jp-X.ne.jp) will be discontinued
>and replaced with unique ones.

Even though the average J-PHONE customer knows or has heard about 'Vodafone',
I wonder all of them can spell it correctly.
Some may type 'bodafone', while the others may do 'vodaphone'.
All of the three(vodafone/bodafone/vodaphone) listed above sound same in Japanese!
I personally think it may cause a lot of confusion among J-PHONE users
unless J-PHONE launches a heavy ad campaign for this.

--
ANDO, Wataru