(keitai-l) Re: phone cam troubles

From: Philip Sidel <psidel_at_iuj.ac.jp>
Date: 07/11/03
Justin,

I've seen a lot of "inner questioning" on behalf of government officials
here, but unless I've missed something, the enforcement of
rules/regulations regarding camera-phone usage is left in the hands of
individual businesses/institutions.  However, as I haven't been following
this too closely, I may have missed something that someone else on the list
may be able to help with.

Here are some links to some stories from the local papers here.  All
hand-wringing and no "official" or technological steps taken....

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/getarticle.pl5?nn20030325b3.htm

http://www12.mainichi.co.jp/news/mdn/search-news/881572/camera20phone-0-3.html
http://www12.mainichi.co.jp/news/mdn/search-news/881572/camera20phone-0-9.html
http://www12.mainichi.co.jp/news/mdn/search-news/881572/camera20phone-0-16.html

I look forward to reading your article on this.

--Philip

At 11:27 AM 7/10/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>justin@bud.com

Philip Sidel
Assistant Professor of Marketing
The International University of Japan
Graduate School of International Management
Phone:  81-(0)25-779-1400
Fax: 81-(0)25-779-4443
Email: psidel@iuj.ac.jp