(keitai-l) Re: F505i

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 07/10/03
On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Thomas O'Dowd wrote:

> Curt, your new F505i comes out on the 11th!!!
> http://505i.nttdocomo.co.jp/product/f505i_top.html

And boy, now I'm sold! It reads bar codes, and use can use an i-appli to
fetch information about them!

It also says that they use an i-appli to register fingerprints that can
then be linked to a phone book entry and used to quickly make an e-mail
or a phone call. (I know which finger Jurgen's getting! :-)) This points
to a pretty high degree of access to phone internals from Java; I wonder if
any of this will be documented and usable?

And speaking of fingerprint functionality, what on earth is this
"chibiwan friends" i-Appli?

This really looks like a great phone overall. They even include a clone
of one of my favourite arcade games from the 80s, Xevious. Although the
phone actually has slightly better resolution and much better sound than
the original. :-)

cjs