(keitai-l) Re: Proxying E-mail (was: iAppli IMAP proxying service?)

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 07/10/03
On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Juergen Specht wrote:

> The frustrating part is actually the part you never see...maybe some
> cute email friends tell whole stories with emoji, emphasize words with
> little fluttering hearts or smilies, invite you to beer-icons ...but
> how can you explain to them that your mobile mail gets redirected to
> your server and your reply goes all the way back, while losing all the
> cute features in the process?
>
> But if you mail only with geeks, oh, never mind.

Unfortunately, my keitai e-mail is almost 100% non-geek. *Sigh*.

I'm suspecting that this is designed to try to force people towards
Docomo. I do in fact have a friend who switched off Docomo, and then
went back again solely because she couldn't exchange e-moji with all of
her Docomo-using friends.

cjs