(keitai-l) Re: Common web sites on J-Sky Internet

From: Greg Conquest <conquest_at_spamcop.net>
Date: 07/09/03
Yes, you're right, Paul. Google is translating. The last paragraph here is
from google j-phone.

> > 2) the links are being "translated" by the google j-phone beta page.
> >
> > Anybody think either 1 or 2 above is going on?
>
> Yes, I do.

From my J-SH53:
http://wired.com   too big, can't display
google search, via phone, for "wired"
wired.com, #1 link, click it and . . .
Woh! What's this?
"Wired News Note: You are reading this message either because you can not
see our css files (served from Akamai for performance reasons), or because
you do not have a standards-compliant browser. Read our design notes for
details. Welcome to Wired News. Skip directly to: Search Box, Section
Navigation, Content. NAV: Small.. Normal.. Large...Advertisementupdated 2:00
am July 9, 2003 PT Machine Cinema Games Invade Hollywood's
TurfThree-dimensional games are usually associated with first-person
shooters like Quake, but the underlying technology lends itself to
storytelling -- and a new genre of animated movies, called machinima, has
sprung up to exploit it. By Leander Kahney. 1 / 101.More2.Next Match3.Links
on This Page4.Results Page5.Google Search" <truncated, I think>

Something happened there. Try again. Another difficult site. Not too
difficult -- not likely to be made for mobile browsers -- apple.com
Via my "naked" phone -- http://apple.com  too big (T3040401)
Via google search, "apple macintosh", . . . I can see it! Seems that it has
been reformatted, Top to bottom, then left to right, two pages on my phone
for the one on my pc.

Back to google, clicking on the "Search Tips" link (three links on the whole
page) gives this:
"Google J-Sky lets you search and view the entire World Wide Web, by
translating HTML into J-Sky-compatible HTML on the fly. Simply type in your
search query, and Google will return the most relevant results in a format
your phone understands. Please send feedback about Google J-Sky to
jsky@google.com. Home2001 Google"

There it is.

Greg Conquest