(keitai-l) Re: Common web sites on J-Sky Internet

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 07/09/03
> Another question to those in the know:
> when I had a CoDoMo phone, I could -to some extent- access any web site
> on the glorious net. For example I could use google.

Because Google offers an i-mode version :)
You get redirected to this page if you access it via DoCoMo phone:
http://www.google.com/imode

> Trying the same with my new Voodoofone gives me an error along the
> lines of "this peji cannot be accessed with J-Phone".

Because you get not redirected, there is no Bodafone/J-Phone version
of Google and the page itself is too big.

> Am I missing something, or does this really only work with D phones?

Somebody tried to save some money, and now he finds out that the old
Japanese saying I quoted before comes true:

> Buying a cheap Keitai always comes with a price

;)

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht, CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc., Tokyo, Japan
i-mode & FOMA consulting, development, testing:  http://nooper.co.jp