(keitai-l) Re: KDDI, BREW and CP

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 07/05/03
On Sat, 5 Jul 2003, Shawn wrote:

>  KDDI says its BREW-enabled phone is its number-two-selling model
> (http://www.advisor.com/doc/09915).

That's no big surprise: at the time that article was written, it was
their newest model of phone. Don't take that to be anything to do with
BREW; people could just as well be buying it because it's got a gorgeous
screen.

> My point is look at KDDI's web page.  Their marketing clearly seems to
> favor brew IHMO.

When 80% of their new phones come with Java instead of BREW, it's hard
to believe that they're really favouring BREW.

cjs