(keitai-l) Re: "My Deck Editor Pro and HDML" (was Re: Re: i-mode vs net)

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 07/19/00
> [ren looks up the word laconic...]
>
> "Using or marked by the use of few words; terse or concise."
>
> I think Brent can attest to this. I have never been called laconic in
> my life. Kind of complimented.

You mean I'm gonna have to work harder at insulting you? :-)

Anyway, it sounds like My Deck Editor is basically a Japanese-only
product - as yet...uh..."unlocalized" for English.  (Why does that
sound so odd?)  I have since signed on at developer.phone.com and,
while I haven't downloaded anything, none of their UP suite tools
I've read about so far match the description I'd give to this tool.

So I guess I'll finish the My Deck Editor Pro helpfiles, play
around with the product, and post my review and the
helpfile translation somewhere..

Btw, I'm still in the market for a cHTML equivalent.  Web searches
have come up pretty dry,  except for the "compact viewer"
mentioned at

www.c-media.com/imodebook/

Only 2000 yen, maybe I'll just go out and buy it.  Maybe this is
a reflection of HDML's standing against cHTML: that you can
download HDML editing tools for free, but have to pay for
the cHTML equivalents?

Michael Turner
www.idiom.com/~turner
leap@gol.com