(keitai-l) Re: i-mode vs net

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 07/18/00
Dave wrote:

> By the way, and this is apropos of nothing, I noticed IDO is changing their
> name to AU. Given that their EZ web subscriptions are getting hammered
> compared with J-Sky Net and I-mode, changing the name seems to me a little
> like arranging deck chairs on the Titanic. Unless this comes with any
> particular service changes that I don't know about. Anyone have any insights
> on that?

I think the AU rebrand is the best thing they could do -- up to now IDO, Tuka,
and DDI have been three different brands, with each brand having it's own
regional representation, each offering EZweb and/or EZAccess. Now, they are
trying to consolidate a national brand with AU, in order to consolidate EZ
services into one, simple, national company.

J-Phone's doing to same thing, consolidating regional offices around a national
J-Phone's J-Sky brand.

NTT DoCoMo already has a national, consolidated brand with I-Mode.

r e n

--
ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s
-- Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature