(keitai-l) developing java applets for i-mode

From: Melissa Hao <mhao_at_MIT.EDU>
Date: 07/12/00
Hi, I am wondering about the status of being able to look at java
applets on cell phones.  I am new to this technology, so please bear
with me.  :)

My company would like me to design an applet for NTT DoCoMo's i-mode.
At this time, is it possible to run applets on any cell phone?  It
seems like no commercially available cell phones has KVM on it; also,
the java "profile" API for cellhpones doesn't seem to be available
yet.  However, I understand that cellphones running java applets were
demoed at the 99 JavaOne converence.  If it's at all possible to run
java on a cellphone now, that would be fantastic...

thanks
melissa