(keitai-l) Re: DDI's EZ -> AU

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 07/12/00
"J. Sean Bennett" wrote:

> I've seen the Cellular  "AU" brand popping up lately;  Ren, could you post the
> press release contents to the list, for those of us w/o a Nikkei Interactive
> membership?

Not very exciting:

Tuesday, May 23, 2000
                          Reborn DDI To Rename Cell Phone Services

                          TOKYO (Nikkei)--DDI Corp. (9433), KDD Corp. (9431) and
Nippon
                          Idou Tsushin Corp. (IDO), announced Monday that they
will use the
                          brand name "au" for their joint nationwide cellular
phone services
                          after they merge in October.

                          The brand will be used ahead of the merger for service
to be offered
                          from July on the 800MHz band by IDO and eight
DDI-affiliated cell
                          phone companies.

                          It will also be used for a next-generation service to be
introduced in
                          2002 but not for the DDI group's Tu-Ka services.

                          (The Nikkei Industrial Daily Tuesday edition)

Also check out:

http://www.ido.co.jp/release/news/20000522.html
(Japanese)

r e n

--
ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s
-- Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature