(keitai-l) Re: WWWJDIC Server has light-weight interfaces for mobile phones

From: Dave <dmg_at_autotelic.com>
Date: 07/12/00
> I didn't realise you can visit any old html page with i-mode - I thought
> it had to be specially done to meet the cHTML spec. What happens if you
> visit a html page that doesn't meet DoCoMo's chtml spec - you just get an
> error?

As far as I've ever been able to test, you can see any old page just fine,
it's just that you can only see about 96X72 pixels of it at a time. For a
test, check out http://www.tokyocomedy.com - it's not an i-mode page, just a
regular HTML site, but the starting logo for the Tokyo Comedy Store just
happens to fit in the i-mode screen space rather well, and it looks rather
charming (on the colour 502i models). However, you can't really do anything
with the rest of the content of the page, because of the obvious size and
space differences between the site and the i-mode phone.

	Dave