(keitai-l) Re: au Cmail: forwarding address

From: Lance Fetters <ashikase_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 07/29/03
Just an update on my own question...

I found that you _can_ still use the @cmail.ido.ne.jp address with au.  It
allows you to forward email sent to your @ezweb.ne.jp address to cmail, thus
allowing you to preview the message (or read the whole thing if it is short)
and (supposedly) saving you money.  You can actually forward your mail to
two addresses... so you could forward to both Cmail and to a regular
internet account, avoiding having to download less important email via your
phone.

The only problems with this that I've found are:
- it forwards a _copy_ of the mail to cmail... you still have to delete the
message from your @ezweb email manually (I'm not saying automatic deletion
would be a good thing, though).
- I have not been able to send email directly to the cmail address via the
internet.  It may be that it will only accept mail coming from the @ezweb
domain (I haven't tried sending from a jphone or docomo phone).

If you read the pages I marked in my original message, it tells you how to
setup the forwarding addresses, along with how to setup a password and how
to set options such as what parts of an email to forward and during what
time periods (8am-6pm, for example) to forward them.

If anyone else has any input, please feel free to share :)

- Lance F.