(keitai-l) Re: Downloading J2ME Application to T720 without Cable

From: dc <dc_at_gamelet.com>
Date: 07/25/03
Nao -

You can just stick the files on your webserver and have someone download
over-the-air. That said, there are major differences between the OTA
download and cable files. For example, the T720 mot specific values in
the JAD file which are needed for OTA install.
i am going thru much pain with this issue at the moment.

below is an xhtml code frag that the MOT should understand.

the other way is to go to one of the GPRS sealed rooms in japan, I know
of a couple, but they are "affiliated". I dont think they would like you
taking a moto phone there, if you know what i mean :)
I also heard you can buy your own GPRS mini-basestation for about $100k,
but I think you need a license to operate it, and dont know anyone who
has got one yet. maybe if we have a whip round on keitai-L and everyone
puts in their loose change...?

contact me off list if you want more info.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE html
 PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML Basic 1.0//EN"
 "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-basic/xhtml-basic10.dtd">

<head>
 <title>Download Test</title>
</head>