(keitai-l) Re: au Cmail: forwarding address

From: <Martyn_Williams_at_idg.com>
Date: 07/25/03
Lance,

As far as I know the Internet gateway to Cmail was dropped about a year
ago. Most people have EZWeb anyway so it wasn't a huge problem. It meant
several months of no spam for me but lately has begun again. Just last
night I got some spam but the sender address was another keitai number, so
someone is either paying 5 yen for the message to me or someone has hacked
the system.

Martyn

                      "Lance Fetters"
                      <ashikase@hotmail        To:       KEITAI-L@appelsiini.net
                      .com>                    cc:       (bcc: Martyn Williams/NEWS SERVICE/IDG)
                                               Subject:  (keitai-l) au Cmail: forwarding address
                      07/25/03 12:02
                      Please respond to
                      keitai-l

I had read in the archives and elsewhere that it was possible to setup an
email address through au that would forward messages to Cmail.  The
addresses were of the form 'phonenumber@cmail.ido.ne.jp'. However, I know
that this was a major spam problem, though it appears that to correct the
problem optional passwords were added to the address.

I have found two pages that discuss setting up this option, both
unfortunately purely Japanese:
- http://www.d9.dion.ne.jp/~s-nishi/USER/pages/ezmail/mailpacket.htm
-
http://www.popjisyo.com/WebHint/AddHint.aspx?d=7&e=Shift_JIS&r=e&s=0&du=http%3a%2f%2fwww.m-w.com%2fcgi-bin%2fdictionary%3fbook%3dDictionary%26va%3d&u=http%3a%2f%2fasdnof.hp.infoseek.co.jp%2fxc03.html

Both seem to have slightly conflicting information.

Does anyone know if this service/option is still available?  If so, could
someone please tell me how to set it up?  Using the second page, I found
the
place to enter a forwarding address, but I wasn't sure on the correct
format.  Is there any disadvantage/cost for using this option?

As always, thank you for the help.

- Lance F.