(keitai-l) Re: [JapanBloggers] Playing with EXIF - Pictures with GPS data

From: dc <dc_at_gamelet.com>
Date: 07/17/03
//  I'm not quite sure about images taken previously and stored in a data
//  folder.  From what I've seen so far I'd say the answer is that
//  you can't
//  access stored data from within the java environment, although I
//  may find
//  a way round that if I keep looking.  Either way if you were happy to
//  take pictures through a "moblog appli" then you wouldn't have a problem.

doja3.0 / 505 has this capability for signed, trusted appli, but not for
katte contents.
I think "H-gata" (bodapone - 53 series) also do but not sure.

//  The JPhone API doesn't seem to have the camera support that the latest
//  docomo models have - but again I may be wrong on this and I
//  will keep on
//  looking.

true. but J does have some kind of audio interface - you can grab a
soundbite and compare it with another soundbite, making things like
language/pronounciatoin tests possible. I'mnot sure if you can get at the
raw bytes of a stream, but you can get the stream itself. This could also
make audio blogging/annotations a reality...

/dc

//  Looking at the AU-KDDI docs, I see that they have DRM flags, and that
//  you should potentially be able to access stored images on your keitai
//  that have the DRM flag set to false - so assuming pictures you
//  take with
//  your AU-KDDI camera phone are not set DRM protected, then
//  you're good to
//  go.  I don't have an AU camera phone to test this on at present ...
//
//  Actually as it happens I am working on some applis to support
//  moblogging
//  activity.  I'll mail to both these lists when I have something to show.
//
//  Stuart - you have an AU camera phone right?  Presumably if I
//  wrote you a
//  moblog appli you could test it on your phone right?

/dc