(keitai-l) Re: Not all magazines are scared about Keitai cameras

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 07/11/03
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Juergen Specht wrote:

> While we read so much negative things about Keitai cameras,
> the Asahi Shimbun makes a Keitai Photo Mail Contest called:
> Mobile Phone Petit Photo Museum

Actually, for all the negative things we read about the cameras, I've
already seen art shows consisting of keitai photos. And this is not
really a new thing; exhibitions of photos from toy cameras and certain
"non-professional" models of cameras have been around for a long time now.

(I've never seen one featuring exclusively naked or semi-naked women,
though, so maybe you don't know about any of these, Juergen. :-))

But part of the concept of these keitai camera exhibitions, being
able to see what you can do in the medium of a 70 x 112 pixel photo
or similar, is now going to disappear as keitai cameras all become
megapixel-plus. Still, there may be some artistic inspiration to be
found in the "non-cameraness" of the phone, though I'm not sure I see
too much potential there. For one example of something that would be
a bit different with a regular camera, see http://www.mobileasses.com/.
(I think Juergen does know about this one.)

cjs