(keitai-l) Re: Common web sites on J-Sky Internet

From: Greg Conquest <conquest_at_spamcop.net>
Date: 07/09/03
I-watcher, \100 / month translates I-mode's Compact HTML (CHTML?) to
J-Phone's MML

from http://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/ptech/08/17/jphone.imode.idg/

(selection from above, old link)
Japan Telecom has provided access to 150 free I-mode sites through the
service so far. By the first quarter of 2002, it plans to increase the
number of accessible sites to 500, including subscription sites, the company
said in a statement.

As of the beginning of August, NTT DoCoMo Inc.'s I-mode service had 1,820
official Web sites for its users, compared to 841 Web sites available for
J-Sky users, according to the two companies.

I-watcher is a response to J-Sky users' demands, half of whom want to browse
I-mode content, said Masaaki Kamimura, a spokesman for Japan Telecom.

Users must register to receive the service, which costs 100 yen (US$0.84)
per month. Japan Telecom hopes I-watcher will attract 10,000 subscribers
this year, the company said.

J-phone handsets are not compatible with I-mode's content mark-up language,
Compact HTML: J-Sky is based on MML (multimedia markup language)