(keitai-l) Re: Nokia-Germany CEO interview

From: Marc Printz <Marc.Printz_at_724.com>
Date: 03/15/02
From my experience with P503i, people like the color screen and UI, the
weight as well. The antenna is perceived as awkward, the design of the phone
is not really the most popular though. I still like the designs of European
phones much more (latest example: T68 from Ericsson) even though display
technology is way behind.

I just visited Germany and of course had a look into a mobile phone shop: I
was really surprised and chuckled a lot about a young lady telling the shop
assistant that she'd love that more expensive Nokia so much and that she
can't come into the office with the affordable Siemens: people would
pick/laugh at her. The phones are actually quite good-looking but somehow
the branding seems to be an issue (power generators, washing machines, and
keitai perhaps don't go as well together lifestyle-wise as rubber-boots and
keitai :-)

Just my two yen

Marc

http://www.appelsiini.net/keitai-l/