(keitai-l) OT: Re: Footpain and Timeslipping was: Re: AU/KDDI Phones and headers

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 01/25/02
> I'm sure they did. They had to. Think of the amount of handset
> subsidy Docomo had just tied up in that!
> But I'm curious. (And anal-retentive.) I see only 48 phones there.
> What did you need the other two in the "calling set" for?

Gosh! You got me. Sumimasen, I can not count!

But actually this collected processing power reminds me that I have a
friend who is a hardcore programmer. After he programmed my HP
postscript printer to create HTML pages (and left me and my printer
astonished), he started to work for the German telekom and programmed
something related to public telephone booths.

After a short while he saw that most telephone booths are pretty much
idle all the time, but all of them had a permanent connection to a
network, a powerful processor and 2MB ram. So he created a control
program which was able to distribute calculations to all idle booths
and send back the results. He showed them a prototype rendering
some fractals and ... got fired.

:)

This was back in 1997.

> I wouldn't mind visiting one day, actually. I've never seen a single
> office with its own microcell before....

Actually you don't want to see this, our office IS something
like a micro cell...real estate in Tokyo is pretty expensive!

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc. Tokyo, Japan
i-mode/FOMA consulting, development, testing: http://nooper.co.jp/