(keitai-l) Re: i-mode java Jar file

From: Venki <venki_at_tokyoshock.com>
Date: 01/05/01
Hi,

>I heard something about this month for the release of i-mode java handsets.
    Actually I am looking for a cell-phone emulator(i-mode java enabled) with
which we can test our jar file without using an real i-mode mobile phone.

>A question for you: what kind of emulator are you using?  I'm stuck using the
iMode tool, which isn't that strong.  I'm not familiar with MIDP.  Can
>you elaborate?

    I am using zucotto's whiteboard IDE for programming the MIDlets. This also
has a mobile phone emulator with which we can test the jar file.

    MIDP or The Mobile Information Device Profile (MIDP) is a set of Java APIs
which, together with the Connected Limited Device Configuration (CLDC),
provides a complete J2ME application runtime environment targeted at mobile
information devices, such as cellular phones and two-way pagers. For more
information on MIDP  and sun's own wireless toolkit you can go to :-
java.sun.com/products/midp.
    I also heard that NTT DoCoMo has completely put away the MIDP and use their
own API on top of the CLDC which is allowed in the description of the MIDP. So
I think the above tools cannot be used for i-mode java and I am sure that with
the increasing popularity of i-mode they will start supporting i-mode java in
there future releases.

Regards,
venki