(keitai-l) Re: WWWJDIC Server has light-weight interfaces for mobile phones

From: Andrew Shuttleworth <ashuttleworth_at_sdlintl.com>
Date: 07/12/00
Ren wrote:
> cHTML is just a subset of regular HTML. Unrecognized tags are
> ignored, like
> any other browser.
> Pages over 5k error, but display as much as possible within the realm of
> known tags.

So technically, 8 million people in Japan DON'T have cell phones that read
html just fine. That's the point I was trying to make in the original
mail, although these pages fit within the cHTML restrictions. It's
interesting that Sean managed to access the page with EZwhatever. How can
this be explained? Does the code also fit within HDML restrictions? I
noticed the opening <HTML> tag was missing from the code on these pages.

> Works just fine.

Thanks.

Andrew