(keitai-l) cHTML proprietary?

From: Mika Tuupola <tuupola_at_appelsiini.net>
Date: 07/08/00
>cHTML over WAP
>
>+
>It will be easier to convert existing sites from HTML to cHTML
>Extensive existing services
>Commercially developed for 2 years
>Graphically more pleasing
>
>-
>Only one company is backing cHTML (NTT DoCoMo) - so it is prorietary
>Confined to Japanese market
>Over 500 companies are backing WAP

	The quoted lines above are from posting from a wap mailinglist.
	One thing which caught my eye is the claim that cHTML was
	proprietary.

	Ok my native language is not english but I understand the
	word proprietary bit different than "only one company
	backing something". I understand that if cHTML was proprietary
	by NTT DoCoMo no one else was alloved to use cHTML (well
	atleast without licencec fees). cHTML is  free for everyone to
	use.

	proprietary - proprietary substances are ones sold under
	a trade name; formal word.

--
Mika Tuupola                      http://www.appelsiini.net/~tuupola/