(keitai-l) Re: Changing to i-mode - 4 weeks required?

From: M. David <davidm1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 07/06/00
This has to do with the relationship between the shop and the telco. Most
telco's pay the shops around 30,000yen when a customer signs up in addition
to a piece of the customers usage fees. However, if the customer cancels the
service within a certain periood ( i thought 3 mos.) the phone shop has to
give the sign up fee back to the telco. You probably signed something which
said that if you canceled within a certain period youd have to pay the
30,000.

In your case it seems a wash, as long as you buy the new phone from the same
place as your old phone. Then its just bad customer service. Otherwise,
theres a bit of Yen being lost.