(keitai-l) Re: Fees

From: Yuki Ishii <ishii_at_witan.co.jp>
Date: 07/05/00
> if you want to access a fee based site on imode, you first have
> to register the site on your personal menu and enter your authorization
> code. you will be clearly told that and how much you will ave
> to pay for the service per month.

> I haven't seen a more clear and easy to use/understand online
> subscription system so far. Docomo is expensive but not sneaky
> in that perspective.
>
> Andrea

Just to add some info.
I think it's also only the official iMode content sites that require fees.
These are the sites that automatically show up on your iMode menu.
There are zillions of other iMode sites, that can be accessed with a URL,
but they are not official sites.  These are free to browse, but as a content
provider, they have no additional revenue.
I wonder if NTT Docomo still charges for the connection...

But anyways, yeah, this does add up to quite a bit.  And probably all the
good sites aren't free, too.  At least buying phones are almost free. I read
somewhere that the fees for mobile phones are going to building more of
those terminals to increase cells.  That's means better connection for us,
though.

When 3G comes out i hear it will be waaay expensive, so maybe now it is
actually cheaper than what it will become...???
dunno

Yuki