(keitai-l) Re: ZDNet Australia: Equip: Is WAP crap?

From: Solberg, Kristian <SolbergK_at_logica.com>
Date: 07/01/00
Don't underestimate the possibility that they want to migrate iMode to
markets outside of Japan. Keep in mind that NTT

1)	Owns 25% of KPN
2)	Are Rumoured to be buying into a British 3G license
3)	Are Rumoured to be considering to bid for a least one more major
European 3G license
4)	Are on a spending spree in the US
5)	And finally are rumoured to have close talks with several major
Asian Telco's.

If you were running a system who's designed (user interaction, user
preferences etc.) within a cultural sphere (stupid phrase , but couldn't
think of a better) and want to break out of it, you need to test your
solution's capabilities in the new one, you do tests. If you can do it at
home - even better. If this is only meant for Japan, it will only be a
translated version of the Japanese. If they have more advanced plans, they
will start to alter the look and feel after a while.

Kristian